Ultimately, the care of your child is your responsibility.
Parents will inform the day care within 24 hours of a diagnosis of a serious illness or contagious disease of a communicable nature in the family. This is to protect my family and the other families who attend the day care. Failure to do so is grounds for immediate termination of care. Parents agree that a child will be symptom free, without the aid of symptom reducing medications such as Tylenol, for a full 48 hours prior to returning to day care. I reserve the right to ask for a note from your family doctor, depending on the illness/disease.
Our Illness Policy
Parents agree to keep their child/children at home, or seek alternate care arrangements for the following conditions.
- Pain – any complaints of unexplained or un-diagnosed pain
- Sore throat or trouble swallowing
- Fever (100°F/38.3°C or higher)
- Nausea or vomiting
- Any rash seen on the exposed skin, this excludes diaper rash. The child will be kept home until the rash is completely gone for 48 hours
- Known or suspected communicable diseases
- Headache or stiff neck
- Unexplained diarrhea or loose stool or abdominal cramps. The child will be kept at home until all symptoms have stopped for 48 hours
- Sever itching of body and scalp
Reasons To Take A Child Home
It is required to keep (or take) a child home when they are…
- Suffering from one or more of the above symptoms
- Not well enough to take part in the activities at the day care
Prescription medications will only be given to a child in care with the following conditions
- Parent gives written permission to the caregiver, with full instructions as to dosage, and times to administer medication. (forms are available from the day care for this purpose)
- Non-prescription medications will be administered as per recommended dosages on
- All prescribed medications must have the child’s name on the prescription bottle
Care Of A Child And Notification Of Parents
When a child becomes ill, I will make the child comfortable in a quiet place where he/she can rest and will be closely supervised.
Parents will be notified immediately and agree to begin to making alternate work arrangements or arrangements for alternate care. If your child is seriously ill, you or an alternate must come for the child IMMEDIATELY. If I cannot reach a parent, I will call an emergency contact listed on the registration form or the child’s doctor may be contacted depending on the seriousness of the illness.
Servicing all Hillsboro, Oregon & surrounding areas
Mon – Fri: 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM
Emergency Services Available! Call for details.